Friday 3 April 2009

Listening Post Contest






Enter for your chance to
Win 1 of 10 CDs

This Month's Featured CD:
Diana Krall
"Quiet Nights"

No purchase necessary. Skill testing question is required. Winners will be drawn for randomly following the contest deadline of noon, April 30th.


Listen to samples:
Quiet Nights
Walk On By
The Boy From Ipanema

Source: Nova Scotia News - The Chronicle


Ice cold skills is an advantage ;-)
Did You know that a kind of ice hockey game probably was invented in Nova Scotia, Canada where it raised from games that Europeans brought with them. Games that needed icy conditions, like hurling and shinty . Early painting shows a game called "shinney" played in Nova Scotia, it was like today's ice hockey, but without rules ;-)



The Contest http://thechronicleherald.ca/contest/display.html?id=37

14 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

The funny thing is Hockey is really big here in the Arizona desert. Of course they have to play on indoor ice rinks... I suspect the sport caught on here because there are a lot of Northern transplants, such as myself. I am originally from Wisconsin, though I don't give a hoot about hockey...

Anonymous said...

Hockey is not a sport played here much at all. I'm not a great fan of Diana Krall either ...

darkfoam said...

the early history of some of these sports can be interesting. sometimes rules did come later .. :)
i enjoyed watching women's hockey during the olympics. the men left me cold ..
so, you gonna participate in this contest?

Little Lamb said...

Wow! You've come back! :-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Phos
It was just an anecdote in relation to the Nova Scotia Chronicle. I am interested in history and cultural movements (also). And peoples social games are interesting, indeed. :-)

ANNA-LYS said...

Aggie

What can I say, sorry to make Your headache worst?

This post was from the beginning a kind of experiment within the borders of the new Swedish law against file-sharing. *giggle*

(but, I do like Diana Krall!!!)

ANNA-LYS said...

Foam

What is the difference between play and game?

Everything is play in the beginning, and play is an act of creativity. The backside of this is that we always leave the play level, because we are social creatures, and by that -> we create rules!

And the play became a game :-D

It is a very interesting process to follow when observing child play!

ANNA-LYS said...

LL

Hey :-D

I love Your new avatar pic!!!

Anonymous said...

Anna-Lys: My headache is much better today ... thank you. I know lots of folk who love Diana Krall and I know she is very talented. I just prefer a less Jazzy option ... and hey, it's your blog. You play what you like. Don't you worry about me! Lol!

ANNA-LYS said...

They are coming to take me away ha ha

But, I didn't play ... it was Nova Scotia Chronicle ;-)


Glad to hear You are better!!

laughingwolf said...

lotsa canadian talent, including krall :D

make that the HALIFAX CHRONICLE HERALD, in nova scotia :P lol

zozohat said...

I loveIloveIlove love love love Diana Krall!!! My favorite friday night music!!!

Goody green dayz!

Zee said...

Play can be non-competitive, games almost always are...
You need a winner in a game (most games).
Quite a few games are a civil substitute for war...

Xth said...

yeah.. i love Diana Krall, too.. :D